Sunday, January 13, 2008

Money Press...

This is the conversation I was discussing in the previous blog that took place with my neighbor.

Him - "Can I borrow a few bucks?"

Me - "What in the world for?"

Him - "I want to go rent a movie."

Me - "What makes you think I can afford that if you can't? Do you think I'm over here eating a daily load of copper, paper and washing it down with a jug of green ink? Then pressing out fivers and pennies with my very well hidden Lincoln sphincter tattoo?"

Him (crinkling his head in apparent confusion) - "I was just asking. You sure you don't have any change at least?"

Me - " Are you serious? You know it just seems sometimes when you try to form a thought it's about the equivalent of a small clutch of blind toothless squirrels fighting over a fossilized peanut up there."

Him - "You could just say no. you don't have to be so sarcastic."

Me - "No...jackass."

At that point if I owned a tazer I think I just might have used it. I'm sure it wouldn't have been his first time for it in any event.

No comments: