Friday, August 1, 2008

It's Friday! (a repost)

Happy Friday or Day of the Fries.
Named as such to honor Finnius French, The Lord of the Fries.
Who would set his enemies decapitated heads upon skewers, stuff the ears and mouth with potatoes and the nose with potato slivers once a week.
The starving town peasants would sometimes sneak up at night and remove the slivers for their weekly dinner, which would have to be heavily salted to remove that tangy decaying head taste.
Upon being asked what they were doing that evening, each would say:
"Going to get some of French's Fries."
Hence our love today of heavily salted potato slivers adoringly called "French Fries"
And ketchup was later added to give a realistic "freshly removed from a bloody head" look.

6 comments:

Ishat's Fire and Ice said...

YUCK!

I will never look at a french fry the same again.

Sparkle Plenty said...

This is why I prefer home fries.

Jayne said...

I love fries even more now!

Sarah said...

Is this true?
mmm love me some head fries

Ishat's Fire and Ice said...

Hope all is going well.

I know you have a lot on you plate.

Loretta Snyder said...

I love your blog...in fact, I gave you an award. Check out today's post on my blog to see it!!!